- This event has passed.
A Simple Path to Predictable and Excellent Endodontics (HANDS-ON) with Dr. Michael J. Ribera in Maryland
March 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Presenter: Michael J. Ribera, DMD, MS
Date: Saturday, March 30, 2019
Time: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sponsored by: Dentsply Sirona
Location: 15101 Sweitzer Lane, Laurel, Maryland, 20707
CE Credits: 8
AGD Code: 070
Subject: Endodontics Participation
*Breakfast & Lunch Included
Part of our 2nd Annual Maryland CE Event
If your goal is to attend a presentation packed with simple, efficient, and clinically relevant information for immediate integration into your everyday endodontic practice, this course is designed with you in mind. The program is full of what-you-need-to-know pearls regarding the latest concepts, techniques, and technologies in performing predictable and high quality endodontic treatment. Emphasis will be placed on the effectiveness of the single file WaveOne shaping technique. In addition, technique animations and clinical video-clips illustrating safe and efficient access, cleaning, shaping, and obturation of root canal systems in three dimensions will be shown to hopefully take effective clinicians into a level of higher performance and personal satisfaction.
The program is full of what-you-need-to-know pearls of wisdom regarding the latest concepts, techniques, and technologies in performing predictable and high quality endodontic treatment. In the hands-on workshop, each workstation will be equipped with the armamentaria necessary to implement the learned techniques and to participate fully.
- Importance of establishing accurate diagnoses via reliable pulp testing techniques.
- How to effectively achieve straight line access and avoid separating instruments.
- Strategies that maximize negotiating root canals to length while avoiding blockages.
- Understanding of the importance of owning the glide path for rotary/reciprocation files to follow.
- Reliable management of working length determination and rationale for apical and lateral patency.
- Efficiency and safety of the single file shaping technique.
- Efficient use and logical sequence of intra-canal irrigants and chelating agents.
- Efficient and effective hydrodynamic disinfection of the root canal system.
- Advantages of the pre-enlargement technique, thermosoftened obturation, and sealer hydraulics during 3-D compaction.
In the hands-on workshop, each workstation will be equipped with the armamentaria necessary to implement the learned techniques and to participate fully. Each attendee is required to bring at least two previously extracted and coronally accessed teeth.
- Verify/check coronal access has been performed.
- Identify all root canal orifices.
- Complete access by performing radicular access -- use X-Gates, orifice openers, PTG SX orifice opener file.
- Perform coronal-to-two-thirds canal pre-enlargement -- use PTG SX shaping file.
- Establish working length -- use chelating agent ProLube, small hand files, and EAL.
- Own the glide path (all canals) using WaveOne Gold Glider glide path file.
- Shape all main canals – use WOG shaping files.
- Hydrodynamically disinfect the system – use Endo Activator with QMix & NaOCl.
- Obturate the system in 3-D -- use carrier-free GuttaCore.
- Complete the rest of the seal - use resins to bond pulpal floors.
Attendees are required to bring at least 2 previously extracted and coronally accessed teeth. They are also encouraged to bring loupes for the course to aid in the hands-on portion of the program.
About the Speaker
Michael J. Ribera, DMD, MS
Dr. Ribera is a 1984 graduate of Boston College and a 1989 graduate of Harvard School of Dental Medicine. In 1990 he completed a general practice residency at Harvard’s Brigham and Women’s Hospital, and in 1992 received his Certificate in Endodontics and Master of Science Degree from Northwestern University Dental School in Chicago.
Dr. Ribera is a Diplomate of the American Board of Endodontics, a member of the Endodontic College of Diplomates, and a specialist member of the American Association of Endodontists. He is the 2006 recipient of the District of Columbia Dental Society’s David Mast Memorial Award for excellence in continuing education. Dr. Ribera is in full-time practice and maintains three offices in the Washington, D.C. Area.
Here's What Past Attendees Have Said About This Course:
"The speaker is awesome, very knowledgeable and the way he conveys his knowledge is very stimulating and entertaining"
-Dr. Radia Elidrissi, Englewood, NJ
"Dr. Ribera is enthusiastic and engaging. The material, while challenging, was presented in a way that captured my attention"
-Dr. Michael Panitch, Bloomfield, NJ
"Very informative. Excellent and engaging speaker. Reps were extremely helpful"
-Dr. Atusa Sedehi, Fort Lee, NJ
"Excellent course. Instructor was passionate about material. I learned a lot about endo. Dentsply Sirona reps were very knowledgeable and helpful"
-Dr. Joseph Narvaez, Lyndhurst, NJ
"Excellent course - very motivating speaker"
-Dr. Bruce Schwartzman, Union City, NJ
"Dr. Ribera was very informative. Explained everything clearly and never made you feel dumb for things you don't know"
-Dr. Cara Seidner, Randolph, NJ
*Limited to 24 Attendees