- This event has passed.
Improve Your Dental Radiography Skills (HANDS-ON) with Rina Nowka
February 24 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Has it been a while since you’ve taken dental radiographs? Is your technique a bit “rusty”? This course was created for dental professionals to improve their radiology skills. Instructors will work one on one with attendees during the hands-on portion to answer any questions regarding difficulties in the office that occur while exposing dental images
Presenter: Rina Nowka, RDH, MS
Date: Sunday, February 24, 2019
Time: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Location: 1060 Main Street, Suite 201, River Edge, NJ 07661
CE Credits: 4
AGD Code: 130
Subject: Electives Participation
Very Limited Availability - Sign Up Today!
This course is designed to update your radiology skills. Is your technique a bit “rusty”? Are you unfamiliar with working with sensors and digital radiographs?
This course was created for dentists, hygienists, and assistants.
If you are a dental assistant working in New Jersey, you are required to have a current NJ state dental radiology license to attend this course.
This course will focus on:
- Common Errors – How to avoid and correct them
- Managing patients with anatomical difficulties
- Film vs. digital - how to adapt; pros and cons; infection control
- Intraoral radiography - principles of the paralleling bisecting and bitewing technique; advatages and disadvantages
- Radiograph viewing and image interpretation - descriptive terminology, review of caries interpretation, periodontal disease, pathology, periapical disease, foreign objects, dental materials and artifacts
- Dental radiation safety review - safe operator practices and factors that contribute to radiation safety
Hands on portion
Instructors will work one on one with attendees during the hands-on portion to answer any questions regarding difficulties in the office that occur while exposing dental images. Attendees will practice positioning and exposure using digital sensors on DXTTR (dental x-ray teaching & training replica) mannequins. Bisecting and vertical bitewing review and various other techniques will be discussed and demonstrated.
About the Speaker
Rina Nowka, RDH, MS
Rina Nowka is a practicing dental hygienist for over 20 years. She received her RDH at Bergen Community College and her Masters of Arts Degree in Health Education from Montclair State University. For 9 years, Ms. Nowka was a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Dental Hygiene Program at NYU College of Dentistry. Ms. Nowka worked for Colgate Oral Pharmaceutical as a Professional Sales Representative and National Trainer. She has published in the Journal of Dental Education and has lectured at numerous dental health related meetings.
Here's What Past Attendees Have Said About This Course:
"Rina was wonderful - she is obviously very knowledgeable about the subject and was able to present the material effectively. Maria was great during the hands-on portion as well."
– Ms. Kate Mulligan, Teaneck, NJ
"I absolutely loved it. Ms. Rina was amazing at teaching everything she knows on the subject and I learned how to be a better xray technician!"
– Mr. Nikauris Abreu, Yonkers, NY
"Great course! Ms. Nowka was very informative and knowledgeable. The whole team was so professional! Also loved the review of how to interpret xrays!"
– Ms. Christy Fondevilla, Bedminster, NJ
"It was very helpful, informative and a great refresher."
– Ms. Loretta SiFuentes, Elizabeth, NJ
"Very good - very informative and covered "real" situations."
-Ms. Dianna Fraternale, East Brunswick, NJ
Dentist, Hygienist, or Assistant: $375
*limited to 6 attendees