- This event has passed.
Photography: The Key to Practice Growth & Excellence (HANDS-ON) with Dr. Kenneth Feiler
January 11 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Presenter: Kenneth N. Feiler, DMD, FAGD
Date: Friday, January 11, 2019
Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Location: 1060 Main Street, Suite 201, River Edge, NJ 07661
CE Credits: 7
AGD Code: 138
Subject: Dental Photography Participation
Breakfast & Gourmet Lunch Included
Photography is an asset that is often overlooked in the dental practice. With today's greater patient expectations, competition, EHR, and continued progress of clinical imaging, photography is needed now more than ever for continued success and growth.
Proper use of photography takes your practice to a higher level of excellence in many ways. You may not realize what you're lacking until you begin to implement photography in your practice. This course will help you take your practice to a higher level!
Photography is necessary for:
- before and after photos
- insurance submissions
- cosmetic dentistry
- soft tissue pathology
- orthodontics and restorative dentistry
- patient progress
- improving your technique
- and preventing complications
- internal and external marketing
- updating your resume/CV
Both doctors and staff (hygienists, clinical assistants, and administrative staff) should be well trained in the needs, uses, and techniques to use photography most effectively.
You will learn:
- Why It is essential to use photography in your practice
- How to use photography for
- treatment planning and consultation
- internal and external marketing
- cosmetic simulation imaging
- How to use photography will expand your practice
- Types of cameras and when to use each
- (DSLRs, point and shoots, intraoral, and video)
- Methodology for taking both extraoral and intraoral photos
- Photography resources
- Proper photo storage and categorization
- Patient questions
- Patient consent forms
There will be two hands on sessions during this course. Each attendee will spend time taking photos, assist in taking photos, and being the patient; all three situations are important to fully experience and understand the process.
During the hands-on portion of the course, attendees will learn:
- Types of photos to take (why and how)
- Portraits/profile, operative, before and after
- Proper usage of a point-and-shoot camera
- Methodology for taking both intraoral and extraoral photos
- Required supplies (retractors, mirrors, and more)
- Technique and image settings (framing, flash, zoom, and lighting)
- Tips & tricks to get patients to smile properly
- Lab communication—capturing accurate dentin shade for all-ceramic restorations
- Patient management—variables, questions, concerns, and proper handling
- Capturing patient photos with or without help from an assistant
About the Speaker
Kenneth N. Feiler, DMD, FAGD, AAACD
Dr Feiler is a passionate and interactive presenter dedicated to educating you and your staff to improving your practice success and the health of your patients. Dr Feiler has been practicing advanced surgery in his practice as a comprehensive oral healthcare provider since its inception. Dr. Feiler assists teaching all hands on portions of the many diverse surgical courses at NJHPDI each year. He especially enjoys teaching dentists how to integrate surgical skills as they practically fit into the many areas of multidisciplinary care in general and group practice.
Dr Feiler is an Accredited Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. He has also attained fellowships from the Academy of General Dentistry and the National Institute of Dental Research in Bethesda, Maryland. Dr. Kenneth N. Feiler has a large multi-specialty, multi-location group practice he founded over 35 years ago. As a graduate of Rutgers College as well as the Fairleigh Dickinson University School of Dental Medicine, where he later taught prosthodontics and oral diagnosis, he has written and continues to write articles and teach all aspects of oral health. This has expanded into founding and directing the New Jersey Health Professionals Development Institute (NJHPDI), which offers a variety of continuing education courses for dental professionals
Here's What Past Attendees Have Said About This Course
"Excellent presentation. Very simple systems for photo taking and incorporation into the day to day function of the office."
- Dr. Tony Corello, Westfield, NJ
"Very informative and practical"
-Dr. Patrick Yap
"Great course. Dr. Feiler was very clear"
-Ms. Rachel Woudenberg, North Haledon, NJ
"The course was very good - I learned a lot of new techniques which make things easier"
– Ms. Simone Pryce, Oakland, NJ
"Great course! Dr. Feiler and his staff showed me how easy and useful it is to incorporate photography in my practice"
"I liked that I learned stuff that I didn't know before. It gave more knowledge of the importance of pictures in a practice."
- Ms. Dayana Vasquez, New York, NY
Dentist: $375 | Staff: $275
*Limited to 18 Attendees