Real World Endo Presents: Safety and Simplicity in Root Canal Instrumentation – Myths, Metal, and Motion (HANDS-ON) with Dr. Anne Koch
January 20 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Real World Endo® presents Safety and Simplicity in Root Canal Instrumentation: myths, metal and motion
Nearly 25 years after the introduction of Nickel Titanium Rotary Files to endodontics, we’ve learned much about the clinical strengths and limitations of these great instruments. As a result of recent improvements in metallurgy, enhanced designs, and innovative rotary file motions, we now need to understand how these changes affect clinical instrumentation. Furthermore, we must take advantage of these improvements to create an instrumentation protocol that combines Safety with Simplicity.
As a result of recent advances in metallurgy, we now have both heat treated and non-heat treated rotary files. They each possess different properties and both have indications for use as well as limitations. At Real World Endo, we believe these improvements should be employed to their utmost advantage. Consequently, we have developed a blended technique that combines the advantages of both heat treated and non-heat treated files into one Awesome Endodontic Technique!!!
In this hands-on workshop, our new “Blend Technique” will be introduced and participants will learn how to use it effectively in all root canal types. After attending this workshop, you will improve your instrumentation predictability while dramatically reducing instrument separation. Furthermore, a simple yet effective obturation method will be introduced that combines the latest in material science with endodontic synchronicity for passive, bonded root canal obturation.
All participants will have the opportunity to validate these concepts during the workshop. Get ready to improve your instrumentation predictability and gutta percha cone-fit while dramatically reducing instrument separation. Real World Endo remains dedicated to the preservation of the natural dentition.
- Learn how rotary file design influences instrumentation safety and efficiency.
- Comprehend the advantages of heat-treated files and how best to use them.
- Discover the most effective instrument motions available for shaping root canals and their advantages and limitations.
- Fully understand the need to combine the latest technology with long established, evidence-based endodontic principles.
- Completely understand the need to utilize piezoelectric ultrasonics in both access and three-dimensional irrigation.
- Fully appreciate the benefits of bioceramic obturation and the incorporation of matching posts.
- Recognize that ‘Great Endodontics’ can be accomplished in both a safe and simple manner. The key is to combine new technology with long established, evidence-based endodontic principles.
PLEASE BRING ANY ACCESSED, EXTRACTED TEETH YOU MAY WANT TO WORK ON.
About the Speaker:
Anne Koch, DMD
Dr. Anne L. Koch received both her DMD and Certificate in Endodontics from the University of Pennsylvania. She is also the founder and past Director of the Postdoctoral Program in Endodontics at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine. Following her clinical and academic career, Annie formed her own successful technology and development company, Real World Endo, of which she was CEO and President. Dr. Koch is the holder of multiple patents.
The author of more than one hundred and fifty articles in her prior specialty field, Dr. Koch has presented more than one thousand lectures worldwide. Dr. Koch is an active member of the ADA, AAE, MDS, and BDDS.
Dr. Koch maintains a faculty position at PENN (Department of Endodontics) as well as serving as a Senior Fellow with Penn Medicine. She also is a member of the Board of Overseers for the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine.