Successful Medical Billing: A Fundamentals Course (Hands-On) with Dr. Chris Farrugia
June 20 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Success with medical claims requires more than just billing codes. Successfully accessing medical benefits requires the dental office to step out of their “dentocentric” view of their practice and into a medical view. In this course, you and your dental team will learn to separate the medical portion of their services from the dental portion, narrow the claims filed to medically necessary services, and submit a properly documented claim. The results will be prompt payment of medical claims!
At the end of the course, participants will:
- Understand the differences between the medical and dental economic model and insurance processes.
- Understand what is billable to medical and, more importantly, what is NOT.
- Know how to correctly complete and submit a medical claim for medically necessary examinations, consultations, radiographs, CT, and trauma with ICD-10 and CPT codes.
- Understand basic concepts for sleep and surgical claims.
- Understand the required recordkeeping for medical claims.
- Understand the medical claims cycle from beginning to end and how this affects the steps necessary for payment.
The dentist plays a vital role in the claims process—attendance is HIGHLY encouraged. All team members, from the front office to the clinical care team, will benefit from this engaging overview. As patients grow to understand that medical insurance generally pays more than dental insurance, you and your team can become leaders in medical billing within dental offices.
You should be taking advantage of medical reimbursement if you are involved in:
- Sleep Apnea Appliances
- TMD Therapy
- Bone Grafts
- CT Scans & much more.
In this Workshop, you will learn how to get paid by medical insurance from start-to-finish. Increase your case acceptance and bottom line by obtaining medical reimbursement. Click on the following link for interesting article featuring our presenter and his method's for helping dental teams bill medical insurance for dental and general oral health care services https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/20/well/live/dental-bill-health-insurance.html
During the hands-on portion, attendees will:
- evaluated clinical scenarios for medical bs dental claim
- practice choosing appropriate ICD10 diagnosis codes and CPT procedure codes for the clinical scenarios presented
- gather and prepare information for the medical claim including documentation
About the Speaker
Chris P. Farrugia, DDS
Dr. Chris P. Farrugia is a nationally recognized speaker, teacher, and leader in digital dentistry and in medical billing by dental practices. Dr. Farrugia practices digital restorative dentistry in Destin, Florida utilizing advanced technologies such as CAD/CAM and 3D CT imaging to provide comprehensive, high quality care. He speaks to and trains dentists nationwide who want to advance their practices with digital (CBCT) imaging, digital restorative dentistry (including all CEREC procedures and materials, CEREC/Galileos integration, and 3D printing), and to successfully access medical benefits for their services.
"This was the best medical billing course I have ever taken. No stone was left unturned. Easy to understand."
Dr. Anthony Corello, Westfield, NJ
"The best course I have taken in years. Dr. Farrugia explains this concept so clearly I am excited to implement to our practice"
Ms. Sheila Cando, Virginia Beach, VA
"Great and very informational"
Ms. Christina Cartaya, Blauvelt, NY
"Dr. Farrugia was awesome, knowledgeable and helpful with how we have to change our thought process."
Dr. Obianuju Mbamalu, South Orange, NJ
"This is an awesome course. It helps us to do more things for patients. I have different thinking of billing of medical insurance"
Ms. Yushan Huang, Paramus, NJ
Dentist: $445 | Staff: $445
early registration $150 off by 4/15/20