CE Credits: 6
AGD Code: 610
Subject: Fixed Prosthodontics Lecture
*Breakfast & Lunch Included
Part of Our 2018 South Jersey Event
Confused by all the choices? Don't be!
In this information-packed scientific program, Dr. Adams, from his unique perspective of one of North America's leading clinical and news journals, will present an engaging presentation focused on current trends, controversies and innovations. He will be placing a special emphasis on a variety of clincal and treatment planning tips designed to assist the dentist and team in choosing and successfully implementing the latest lab-fabricated all-ceramic dental materials and treatment protocols.
This science-based presentation is recommended for doctors, assistants, and dental laboratory technicians.
- A review of some of the latest trends, developments, and innovations in dentistry
- Indications and advantages/disadvantages of each class of modern all-ceramic materials
- Learn ways to minimize all-ceramic failures/fractures
- 100% zirconium restorations: evidence-based data versus future challenges?
- Update on the new hybrid polycrystalline ceramics: recommendations on implementation
- Latest preparation and core build-up requirements for lithium disilicate and monolithic zirconia restorations
- New translucent anterior zirconia options: indications, special cautions, and future challenges
- Update on surface treatment protocols and cement for lab-fabricated restorative materials
- An update on surface treatment protocols and cements for lab-fabricated restorative materials
- Diagnosis and treatment planning considerations for lab-fabricated restorative amterials
- Are all-ceramics always the best choice? What are some of the current alternatives?
- A brief review of CAD/CAM/scanning and printing technologies for the dental office
- An evidence-based prophylaxis protocol for maintaining composite, all-ceramic and ceramic-based restorations
About the Speaker
Dr. Damon C. Adams, a graduate of the University of Michigan School of Dentistry, is an assistant clinical professor at the University of Toledo, College of Medicine, Division of Dentistry. He lectures internationally focusing on updates in dental materials, the latest trends, and innovations in dentistry, doctor-technician relationships, and techno-clinical perspectives.
Dr. Adams is the editor-in-chief of Dentistry Today and is listed in Dentistry Today's Leaders in Continuing Education. Dr. Adams is a member of the ADA, AGD, AACD, SCAD, and the National Association of Dental Laboratories.
"Dr. Adams is a very knowledgeable, informative, and energetic lecturer."
– Dr. John D. Rosa, Jersey City, NJ
"This course was well organized with a friendly and courteous speaker. He was informative and enthusiastic. The materials were presented in an organized, easy to follow format"
– Dr. Ken Gorski, Wayne, NJ
"It's a very good course, brushed up on materials and learned a great deal about the advances and newer materials. Learned about the basic and most important information on restoring with different types of ceramics. Definitely will be paying more attention on what material my lab is using."
– Dr. Manveer Kaur, Wood Ridge, NJ
"Dr. Adams gave the utmost impressive course I have ever been to. His knowledge on the latest materials and uses left me with an understanding of the many choices I have and how I can go back and use them"
– Dr. Maria Witkowich, Yorktown, NY
"Highly informative. Dr. Adams is very knowledgeable, objective, and factual"
– Dr. Richard Hochenberg, NY, NY