Presenter: Courtney Lavigne, DMD, FAGD
Date: Friday April 12, 2019
Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Sponsored by: DMG America
Location: 1060 Main Street, Suite 201, River Edge, NJ 07661
CE Credits: 6
AGD Code: 780
Subject: Esthetics/Cosmetics Participation
*Breakfast & Gourmet Lunch Included
In dentistry today, patients and practitioners alike are seeking more conservative, yet predictable execution of tooth repair. The last decade of social media has brought about patient questions we’ve never faced before! For the first time, they’re asking how much tooth you’re going to cut away. This presentation will take you through several conservative treatment modalities, from the single tooth to more complex care while conserving more tooth structure, yet yielding equally or superiorly esthetic results.
This course will present cases from start to finish including diagnosis, treatment planning, execution, and follow-up.You will be able to return to your practice the next work day and implement what you’ve learned. Whether it’s a broken incisal edge or several severely restored teeth, case presentations will walk you through planning for dentistry that will look good today, and last for years to come.
We’ll cover options for the treatment for three common cases you’ll see in private practice: single tooth repair of a broken but restorable tooth, esthetic options for treating 6-8 teeth in the esthetic zone, and finally, temporization and treatment of a missing tooth. This lecture will show you typical cases you’ll see in your own day-to-day practice and walk you through alternative treatment approaches.
You will learn:
- How to evaluate a broken single central for complexities and barriers to success before you treat the situation (canted midlines, size discrepancies, occlusal interferences)
- How to repair a broken anterior tooth with both composite and porcelain with layered composite, non-preparation porcelain chip veneers, and a combination of materials in one case
- Walk through a decision tree for material selection when treating multiple teeth in the esthetic zone
- Planning and execution of treating the anterior 6-8 teeth with both composite and porcelain
- Learn three fixed temporization options for missing teeth in the esthetic zone
- How to successfully treat a single missing anterior tooth with conservative, ideal esthetics
Materials and equipment will be provided. On models, you will fabricate anterior temporaries with staining and customization to mimic the surrounding natural dentition:
- Predictable fabrication of temporaries on multiple anterior teeth
- Customization of Luxatemp temporaries for patients with highly characterized dentitions
- Adhesion techniques for temporaries in the esthetic zone
Join us for a memorable learning experience. Whether you are a seasoned clinician or starting out in practice, you will leave with knowledge and predictable techniques you can use in your practice immediately.
Attendees are encouraged to bring loupes for the course to aid in the hands-on portion of the program.
About the Speaker
Courtney Lavigne, DMD, FAGD
Courtney Lavigne, DMD, FAGD, has degrees in biology and theology from Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska and received her doctorate from the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine where she graduated top of her class. She worked an associate dentist in Rhode Island and Massachusetts before building her fee-for-service office from scratch in 2013. She is a solo practitioner in Wayland, Massachusetts, a suburb of Boston. She is a contributing author, content contributor, and visiting faculty member for Spear Education and vice-chair of the Professional Education Committee for the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. She has received fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry as well as the Pierre-Fauchard Academy and in the process of Accreditation through the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. She is a national lecturer on cosmetic and restorative dentistry, as well as airway prosthodontics.
Advanced Registration $100 off by 2/15/19
*Limited to 24 Attendees