Presenter: Robert Convissar, DDS
Date: Sunday, April 28, 2019
Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Sponsored by: Diamond Dental Supply
Location: 1060 Main Street, Suite 201, River Edge, NJ 07661
CE Credits: 7
AGD Code: 490
Subject: Periodontics Lecture
*Breakfast & Light Fare Included
Scalpels and electrosurgery have been wonderful devices for surgical procedures for many years; however it's time that the surgical sciences entered the 21st Century. For virtually any procedure where a scalpel or an electrosurgical device has been used in the past, lasers can do the same job much more quickly and efficiently.
The advantages of lasers over more conventional techniques are well known: Less bleeding; less need for analgesia; faster healing; less postoperative discomfort; less need for suturing; less need for antibiotics/analgesics, etc.
This course will discuss the advantages of lasers over more conventional techniques. Attendees will perform the following procedures on pig mandibles with tongues:
- Soft Tissue Crown Lengthening
- Initial Periodontal Pocket therapy
- Aphthous Ulcer Treatment
- Flap Procedure
- Coagulation/Cauterization of wounds/sockets
- And more…
At the conclusion of this course, attendees will understand:
- How to perform many surgical techniques with lasers rather than scalpels/electrosurgery
- The advantages of lasers over more conventional techniques
- Which laser(s) are best for which procedures
- How to incorporate lasers into their armamentarium first thing Monday morning
- and much more!
About the Speaker
Robert Convissar, DDS
Dr. Convissar is a pioneer in the field of laser dentistry. He has over 30 years of experience with CO2, Nd.YAG, Erbium and Diode wavelengths. The author of 16 papers and 6 textbooks on laser dentistry, he has presented over 300 seminars on 5 continents from London to Florence to Dubai to Tokyo to Sydney and everywhere in between. He practices cosmetic, restorative, and laser dentistry in New York City. His latest textbook, Principles and Practice of Laser Dentistry has been the # 1 selling laser dentistry textbook in the world for 9 years.
Here's What Past Attendees Have Said About This Speaker:
"Excellent speaker, well organized course as usual."
- Dr. Loay Shadid, South Plainfield, NJ
"Dr. Convissar is very knowledgeable in the laser field and is an unbiased instructor."
- Dr. Christine DelDuca, Berkely Heights, NJ
"Dr. Convissar was very helpful in understanding what different lasers have to offer"
- Dr. Heather Hoffman, Washington, DC
"Dr. Convissar was very knowledgeable and made the material easy to understand. NJHPDI made registration very easy."
- Dr. Heather Burns, West Chester, PA
"Great informative course! All content was based on peer reviewed literature and update on information."
- Dr. Eric Oh, Hackensack, NJ
"It was a great course. Dr. Convissar was very detailed and non biased. Based everything on sound scientific knowledge."
- Dr. Balwinder Dhaliwal, Basking Ridge, NJ
"Facility was comfortable, food was better than expected, speaker was engaging and informative, credible."
- Dr. David Mitola, Cohoes, NY
Advanced Registration $50 off by 2/15/19
*Limited to 24 Attendees