The Art & Science of the Direct Anterior and Posterior Esthetic Restorations (HANDS-ON) with Dr. Mark Pitel
To register for this course, please select the date of the course in the dropdown above and add to cart. If you are registering for more than one person, please include the other registrants name in the “Additional information” field at checkout.
If the selected course date is full (out of stock), please contact us to be added to our waitlist!
Presenter: Mark L. Pitel, DMD, FAGD, FACD, FADFE
Date Selection: October 30th, 2020
Time: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Location: 1060 Main Street, Suite 201, River Edge, NJ 07661
CE Credits: 7
AGD Code: 780
Subject: Esthetics/Cosmetic Dentistry Participation
Sponsor: GC America
*Boxed lunch included for in-person courses
*limited class size
In today’s modern dental practice, excellent esthetics has become the expected outcome by an ever more educated and demanding patient.
- Restorative dentistry is no longer just about form and function
- Esthetic dentistry is not just limited to the anterior teeth and the smile
- Dentists must be able to utilize dental materials in a truly biomimetic manner to create restorations of lasting value and extraordinary beauty.
Though porcelain laminates and other indirect ceramic restorations have grown in popularity as the preferred method for restoring the anterior esthetic case, not every patient needs, desires or can afford them.
Fortunately, a steady stream of advancements in adhesion dentistry, composite resins and even glass ionomers provides dentists and patients with excellent alternatives to bonded ceramics.
Three-dimensional, multi-layered direct composite restorations can now closely rival the functionality and beauty of natural tooth structure.
They offer the benefits of full artistic control for the dentist, reduced tooth preparation for the patient and the convenience of a single appointment.
In this course:
- State-of-the-art techniques for the placement of anterior and posterior direct composite restorations will be covered in great detail.
- The program will provide an in-depth discussion of the philosophy and methods used for accurately selecting shades for your direct and indirect restorations.
- We'll cover concepts and materials for quickly and effectively placing posterior direct restorations without open contacts or post operative sensitivity.
- Harness your creative skills and learn how to use simple direct techniques to dazzle your patients utilizing the powers engineered into today’s restorative materials.
You Will Learn:
- Working with diagnostic wax-ups, mockups and clinical preparation templates
- Layered composite concepts, techniques and strategies
- Match shade verses create shade concepts
- The direct composite veneer - a viable alternative to the porcelain veneer
- All restorative solutions for simple orthodontic cases
- Strategies for predictable shade selection and matching
- The new generations of glass ionomer materials and their uses
- How bulk filling materials and concepts may eliminate the need to layer direct posterior fillings
- Advantages of the 3-D Master shade concepts vs. conventional shade guides
- Much, much, more
- Various Cosmetic procedures performed on Viade Typodont Models
- Lingual Prep Guide using EXA’lence VPES Impression Putty
- Layered Class IV Direct Composite
- Characterized direct composite veneer, craze lines and hypo calcification
- Diastema Closure (option)
- Bulk Fill (Monolythic) Posterior Glass Ionomer Restoration
- Closed Sandwich, Glass Ionomer/Composite Restoration
- Participants who attend this program will learn how to select and use modern systems of direct composites and glass ionomers to easily, predictably and profitably restore anterior and posterior teeth.
- Participants who attend this program will learn how bulk filling techniques are making a comeback and can now be used to rapidly place posterior direct restorations.
- Participants who attend this program will learn how to make and use diagnostic wax-ups and composite mockups to plan esthetic cases, verify the outcome before placement and to remove the improvisational technique elements in direct and indirect esthetic restorations.
About the Speaker
Mark L. Pitel, DMD, FAGD, FACD, FADFE
Dr. Mark Pitel is currently an Associate Clinical Professor of Operative Dentistry at the Columbia University College of Dental Medicine and Director of Predoctoral and CDE Esthetics. He also maintains a private practice in Poughkeepsie, New York. A 3rd generation dentist, he has over 33 years experience owning and operating private general practices with an “emphasis on Cosmetic, Restorative and Implant Dentistry” in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and California and New York.
A past president of the New Jersey Academy of General Dentistry, Dr. Pitel is an active member of numerous other dental organizations such as the International Association for Dental Research, the American Dental Association, the Academy of General Dentistry and the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. He has received his fellowship from the American College of Dentists, the Academy of General Dentistry and the International Academy of Dentofacial Esthetics, holds Level II certification from the Academy of Laser Dentistry and has been recognized by Who's Who in Dentistry.
Dr. Pitel is an internationally recognized expert and lecturer on topics such as adhesive dentistry, anterior and posterior esthetic restorations and cosmetic and laser dentistry. He has authored numerous scientific papers and articles of interest to patients and is the author of a textbook on dental impression taking. A former editor of the NJ AGD Journal, he has received several awards for journalism in dentistry.
"Excellent presentation of chroma, hue and value relating to anterior aesthetics; excellent review of posterior glass ionomers."
-Dr. Nicole Mermet, NY
"Amazing presentation by Dr. Pitel! I learned valuable information to get the best esthetic results by using step by step technique."
-Ms. Lilit Stepanyan, Clifton, NJ
"The best direct composite course I have taken in years. Dr. Pitel has an amazing command of the subject."
-Dr. Tony Corello, Westfield, NJ
"Dr. Pitel and NJHPDI staff are amazingly courteous and helpful."
-Dr. Xiang Wang, Elmhurst, NY
"Great materials to stay up to date with restorative techniques and materials."
-Dr. Arnulfo Herrera, Uniondale, NY
"Dr. Pitel is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the course and contents"
-Dr. Gisela Lopez, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
"NJHPDI is excellent! I've taken many CE's here. Dr. Pitel is very knowledgeable in his field - great speaker!"
-Dr. Bertho Vertil, Pomona, NY
October 30th, 2020
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.