Presenter: Mark L. Pitel, DMD, FAGD, FACD, FADFE
Date: Friday, June 12, 2020
Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Sponsor: DMG America
Location: 1060 Main Street, Suite 201, River Edge, NJ 07661
CE Credits: 7
AGD Code: 250
Subject: Operative (Restorative) Dentistry Participation
*Breakfast & Lunch Included
Introduced in the early 1980's, the ceramic laminate veneer is now recognized as high clinical art and has become synonymous with aesthetic and restorative dentistry. The real beauty of veneers is that they are prized by patients and can also be successfully and predictably placed by any dentist that is willing to learn the basic concepts and procedures. The materials and adhesive techniques that have been developed for veneers allow us to provide this ultimate in esthetic restorations with a minimum sacrifice of tooth structure.
If you are currently not providing ceramic veneers in your practice have done only a few cases or do not feel especially comfortable placing them, you are missing out on the enjoyment and economic advantages they can bring to your practice. This course will provide you with all the essential knowledge and skills necessary to gain that confidence.
If you already do ceramic veneers on a regular basis and want to hone your skills, learn how to treat more demanding cases, or pick up a few pearls, this program is also for you. The course offers participants a comprehensive review of ceramic materials, diagnosis and treatment planning, preparation techniques, tissue management, impression taking, provisionalization and cementation. Participants will receive a half day of lecture material followed by a half day guided workshop covering all aspects of veneer placement.
Partial Listing of Topics Covered in Lecture:
- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- Diagnostic Waxups and mockups
- Choices in ceramic veneering materials - advantages, disadvantages of each
- Silicone prep guides - labial and incisal
- Tooth preparations for every clinical situation
- Martin placement - when subgingival, equigingival, or supragingival?
- Veneering posterior, previously restored and mandibular teeth
- How to handle contacts - when to and how to break them
- Managing tissue issues
- Impression taking - Getting it right the first time, every time
- Provisionalization (3 different techniques)
- Preparing veneers properly for try in and seating
- Adhesives and luting cements
- Cases involving an alteration in Vertical Dimension of Occlusion
- The importance of Ferrule design
- No prep veneers - how to, when to, and when not to do them
- Handing tetracycline staining and discolored teeth
- The "oxide ceramic" veneer
- Partial adhesive cementation - MDP and Tribochemical cementation methods
- Many more...
Hands On Portion:
- Performed on typodont models:
- Preparation of VPS Lingual/Incisal and a Labial Prep Guides
- Fabricating and using a clear prep/provisional template
- Preparing a complete laminate case with multiple prep designs
- Laminate Provisional Techniques
About the Speaker
Mark L. Pitel, DMD, FAGD, FACD, FADFE
Dr. Mark Pitel is currently an Associate Clinical Professor of Operative Dentistry at the Columbia University College of Dental Medicine and Director of Predoctoral and CDE Esthetics. He also maintains a private practice in Poughkeepsie, New York. A 3rd generation dentist, he has over 33 years experience owning and operating private general practices with an “emphasis on Cosmetic, Restorative and Implant Dentistry” in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and California and New York.
A past president of the New Jersey Academy of General Dentistry, Dr. Pitel is an active member of numerous other dental organizations such as the International Association for Dental Research, the American Dental Association, the Academy of General Dentistry and the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. He has received his fellowship from the American College of Dentists, the Academy of General Dentistry and the International Academy of Dentofacial Esthetics, holds Level II certification from the Academy of Laser Dentistry and has been recognized by Who's Who in Dentistry.
Dr. Pitel is an internationally recognized expert and lecturer on topics such as adhesive dentistry, anterior and posterior esthetic restorations and cosmetic and laser dentistry. He has authored numerous scientific papers and articles of interest to patients and is the author of a textbook on dental impression taking. A former editor of the NJ AGD Journal, he has received several awards for journalism in dentistry.
"One of the best courses I've attended. Excellent lecture, excellent hands-on and excellent instructor!"
-Dr. Mark Rongone, Berwick, PA
"Very complete step by step discussion on how to do a porcelain veneer case. Best veneer course I have taken in years."
-Dr. Anthony Corello, Westfield, NJ
"Excellent course. Good hands-on practice on typodont and excellent instructional material."
-Dr. Raksha Poojary, Caldwell, NJ
"Was a great class, Dr. Pitel was very knowledgable, staff was nice"
-Dr. Nick Kallis, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
"The course surpassed my expectation. Dr. Pitel is very knowledgeable and open to any question."
-Dr. Lindsey Morgan, Hamilton, NJ
"Awesome course! Dr. Pitel was extremely knowledgeable and an excellent lecturer. Very well done and would definitely recommend."
"Great educational course! Detailed and informative and good feedback was given"
early registration $100 off by 4/15/20
*limited to 24 attendees