Presenter: Chris Farrugia, DDS
Date: Saturday. April 6, 2019
Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Sponsored by: CareCredit
Location: 1060 Main Street, River Edge, NJ 07661
CE Credits: 7
AGD Code: 550
Subject: Practice Management Participation
*Breakfast & Lunch Included
Dr. Chris P. Farrugia, a leader in medical billing, will be presenting his two-part hands-on Successful Medical Billing Series on April 6 & 7, 2019 at NJHPDI. Saturday features his fundamentals course, whereas Sunday’s course has a more advanced and in depth approach. Participants have the option to attend one or attend both to improve their skill set.
Success with medical claims requires more than codes on a claim. Successfully accessing medical benefits requires the dental office to step out of their "dentocentric" view of their practice and into a medical view. In this course, dental practices will learn to separate the medical portion of their services from the dental, narrow the claims filed to medically necessary services, and submit a properly documented claim. This course is essential for doctors and staff involved in the claims making process.
At the end of the course, participants will:
- Understand the differences between the medical and dental economic model and insurance processes
- Understand what is billable to medical and, more importantly, what is not
- Know how to correctly complete and submit a medical claim for medically necessary examinations, consultations, radiographs, CT, and trauma with ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Understand basic concepts for surgical claims
- Understand the medical claims cycle from beginning to end and how this affects the steps necessary for payment
During the hands-on portion, attendees will:
- evaluated clinical scenarios for medical bs dental claim
- practice choosing appropriate ICD10 diagnosis codes and CPT procedure codes for the clinical scenarios presented
- gather and prepare information for the medical claim including documentation
About the Speaker
Chris P. Farrugia, DDS
Dr. Chris P. Farrugia is a nationally recognized speaker, teacher, and leader in digital dentistry and in medical billing by dental practices. Dr. Farrugia practices digital restorative dentistry in Destin, Florida utilizing advanced technologies such as CAD/CAM and 3D CT imaging to provide comprehensive, high quality care. He speaks to and trains dentists nationwide who want to advance their practices with digital (CBCT) imaging, digital restorative dentistry (including all CEREC procedures and materials, CEREC/Galileos integration, and 3D printing), and to successfully access medical benefits for their services.
Here's What Past Attendees Have Said About This Course:
"Everything was great! Excellent - course material was up to date, well-organized and presented in sufficient depth"
– Ms. Elizabeth Tran
"I learned a lot! The best thing about the course was its simplicity - it was taught in a form that we can understand"
– Ms. Sara Lopez
"Awesome knowledge and delivery by Dr. Chris Farrugia"
– Ms. Nancy Lee
"This was the best medical billing course I have ever taken. No stone was left unturned. Easy to understand."
– Dr. Anthony Corello, Westfield, NJ
"Very good speaker. Very informative"
– Ms. Maria Roman, Scarsdale, NY