Peri-Implantitis and Implant Failures (Hands-On) with Dr. Jon B. Suzuki
To register for this course, please select the amount of attendees registering and select the date of the course (August 7, 2020) in the calendar below. If more than one attendee is registering at one time, please include the other registrants name in the “Additional information” field at checkout.
Multi-Course & Resident Discount: Individuals registering by phone for 3 or more courses at a single time. Please see page for complete details.
Presenter: Jon B. Suzuki, DDS, PhD, MBA, FACD, FICD
Date: Friday, August 7, 2020
Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Location: 1060 Main Street Suite 201, River Edge, NJ 07661
CE Credits: 7
AGD Code: 690
Subject: Implants Participation
*Breakfast & Lunch Included
This seminar will highlight the increasing problems facing dental clinicians in the new era of Implant dentistry.
Implant complications, failures, and Peri-Implantitis are quickly becoming a major clinical entity, impacting patient care and replacement of teeth with dental implants.
Etiologies are being defined for Peri-Implantitis and predictable Implant therapies for failures elude the profession.
Minimal evidence based published data is available. However, clinical approaches for implant rescue continue to be tested and will be presented.
- Define peri-implant mucositis and Peri-Implantitis.
- Recognize the multiple primary etiologies of peri-implant disease.
- Prevention of peri-implant mucositis and of Peri-Implantitis.
- Treatment plan non-surgical approaches for Implant Rescue.
- Treatment plan surgical approaches for Implant Rescue.
- Recognize the importance of implant maintenance
You Will Learn To:
- Understand peri-implant disease, risk factors and causes.
- Prevent peri-implant disease during initial planning, surgical placement and restoration.
- Establish initial baselines both after implant placement and after restoration.
- Practice initial implant maintenance.
- Diagnose and treatment plan the various forms and levels of peri-implant mucositis
- and Peri-Implantitis.
- Treat both non-surgically and surgically peri-implant disease.
- Treat implant situations with hopeless prognosis due to severe peri-implantitis.
- Practice implant maintenance after implant rescue treatment.
Hand-On Portion (Performed on models customized for NJHPDI):
- Treat peri-implant mucositis on implants (with abutment and crown) with non-surgical approaches.
- Surgically access implants (with abutment and crown) with EARLY Peri-Implantitis on one area vs circumferentially and treat with titanium brushes, bone grafting and membranes.
- Surgically access implants (with abutment and crown) with MODERATE Peri-Implantitis on one area vs circumferentially and treat with titanium brushes, bone grafting and membranes.
- Surgically access implants (with abutment and crown) with SEVERE Peri-Implantitis and treat by extracting with trephines, bone grafting and membrane.
- Practice implant maintenance of an implant (with abutment and crown)
About the Speaker
Jon B. Suzuki, DDS, PhD, MBA, FACD, FICD
Dr. Jon Suzuki holds Clinical Professorships at the University of Maryland, the University of Washington and Nova Southeastern University. He is also on the faculty of the US Navy Walter Reed National Medical Center, Bethesda, MD.
Dr. Suzuki is Professor Emeritus of Microbiology and Immunology (School of Medicine) and Professor Emeritus of Periodontology and Oral Implantology (School of Dentistry) at Temple University, Philadelphia, PA. USA. He served as Chairman and Director of Graduate Periodontology and Oral Implantology, and Associate Dean for Graduate Education at Temple University. He also served as Dean, Chief of Hospital Dentistry, and CEO of the Faculty Practice Plan at the University of Pittsburgh, USA.
Dr. Suzuki is the current Chairman of the Food and Drug Administration Dental Products Advisory Panel, Silver Spring, MD. and holds this position until 2022. Dr. Suzuki received his D.D.S. from Loyola University of Chicago and Ph.D. in Microbiology from the Illinois Institute of Technology. He completed an N.I.H. Fellowship in Immunology at the University of Washington, and a Clinical Certificate in Periodontics at the University of Maryland. He earned an MBA from the Katz Graduate School of Business at the University of Pittsburgh.
He served as Chairman of the American Dental Association Council on Scientific Affairs and continues to serve as ADA consultant on the Scientific Council, Dental Practice Council, and the Commission on Dental Accreditation, Chicago. Dr. Suzuki served on the National Institutes of Health National Dental Advisory Research Council, and numerous NIH Study Sections in Bethesda, MD. Dr. Suzuki is a consultant for the Veterans’ Affairs Medical Centers.
He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology, Fellow of the American and International College of Dentists, Specialist Microbiologist of the National Registry of Medical Microbiology, and Diplomate, Fellow, and Past President of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists,
Dr. Suzuki is the current Executive Secretary/Treasurer of the Supreme Chapter of Omicron Kappa Upsilon, the National Honorary Dental Society, and has served in this position for over a quarter of a century.
His honors include being named “Alumnus of the Year” at the University of Maryland, “Alumnus of the Year” at Loyola University of Chicago; “Alumnus of the Year”, Illinois Wesleyan University; “Recognized Alumnus in Biological Sciences”, Illinois Institute of Technology; and “Faculty of the Year” University of Maryland. Dr. Suzuki won 1stplace, Orban Prize Graduate Research Competition of the American Academy of Periodontology and won 1st place in the ADA SCADA Research Clinic Competition.
Dr. Suzuki is an attending at Temple Episcopal Hospital in Philadelphia.
Dr. Suzuki has published over 200 papers, chapters, and symposia, 200 abstracts, and 1 textbook in Medical Technology.
"Excellent. This course should be mandatory for everyone doing implants!""
"Excellent! Very relevant to my practice and I can start using what I learned tomorrow. Speaker did an excellent job bringing science down to an understandable level."
"Course was excellent. Presented concepts related to peri-implantitis; prevention, causes, management."
"Excellent - clear, concise. Useful for experienced and beginners. Extremely collegiate treatment"
"Dr. Suzuki is a wealth of clinical/practical information. Very concise presentation of information"
early registration $150 off by 6/15/20
*limited to 24 attendees