Presenter: David Landwehr, DDS, MS
Date: Friday, March 15, 2019
Sponsored By: Dentsply Sirona
CE Credits: 8
AGD Code: 070
Subject: Endodontics Participation
*Breakfast & Gourmet Lunch Included
R2C™- The Root to Crown Solution
The Endodontic CE Solution from diagnosis through restoration
Each step of endodontically treating and restoring a tooth is connected. This course walks through each step of root canal therapy- with each building on the success of the previous phase. From diagnostic protocol through coronal restoration, learn techniques for clinical success at every step needed to take the patient out of pain, restore function to the tooth while maintaining the proper aesthetic, and enhance long term success.
- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning- a complete understanding of the factors of each case.
- Endodontic Access- Creating a proper access cavity is critical
- Antibacterial Dressings-Inter-appointment medicaments and temporizing teeth.
- Shaping Utilizing the Most Advanced File Technology Choices for imparting an appropriate shape to the canal.
- Irrigation-importance of removal of infection-causing bacteria
- Obturation- Pros and Cons of sealers and obturation techniques
- Coronal restoration of the Endodontically Treated Tooth Choosing between direct vs. indirect restoration.
While the principals remain unchanged, there are many new tools and techniques associated with non-surgical root canal therapy. Choosing among the numerous options can be overwhelming to many clinicians. In this hands-on session, the attendee will be provided with a definite roadmap towards successful navigation of creating a good glidepath, imparting an appropriate final shape to the canals, and then filling those cleaned and shaped canals in an efficient and effective manner. New motor technology will provide a unique opportunity to develop a more nuanced understanding of torque and its application on the instruments being employed. Reciprocating files with extraordinary metallurgical properties which can help the clinician achieve the desired goals will be featured. A companion gutta-percha-based solid-core technique will be utilized to round out the session.
After this course, the attendee will:
- Understand the basics of operating an iPad driven cordless motor
- Be able to follow a simplified sequence for creating a glide path and a final shape using advanced, reciprocating instruments.
- Be able to describe the process for imparting a 3-dimensional fill using a warm, gutta-percha carrier.
About the Speaker:
David Landwehr, DDS, MS
David Landwehr, DDS, MS is a practicing endodontist in Madison, WI, where he is also Chief of Endodontics for the Meriter Hospital general practice residency program. He studied as an undergraduate at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and went on to earn his DDS at the University of Minnesota in 1994. From there, he completed training in two dental specialties. First, he earned an MS degree and certificate in Oral Maxillofacial Pathology at The Ohio State University in 1997 and then completed specialty training in Endodontics at the University of Michigan in 1999. He has presented case studies and research findings both nationally and internationally. In addition, he has published several articles in various peer reviewed journals and served as an evidence reviewer for the American Dental Association. His dual certification in endodontics and oral pathology makes him uniquely qualified to diagnose sources of oral pain.
Advanced Registration $100 off by 1/15/19